We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Pacific

  I don't know what it is about the ocean, the beach...maybe it is because Kimmy loved it so much....maybe, it is the fond memories I have of childhoods spent at Beach Haven, NJ...maybe it's the memories Kim and I made together at Beach Haven, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Daytona Beach, Laguna Beach, Mission Beach, etc, etc....Mostly, I think it's the way the Pacific reminds me of Kim's eyes...I cannot look away...

     Anyway, like she always told me 'Tomorrow's another day'....she's right. The beach has a way of washing away a lot of things.   The bambini were so pumped to get to the coast - we stopped in Gila Bend, like we always have, for breakfast at McD's...I paid for the guy behind me (thanks Ami!)...A Random Act of Kimness!!...Autumn snapped pics the whole way, eager to email them to her best buds Lexy and Breanna ("Can you turn on the hotspot on your phone Dad?")...





      The temperatures have been in the 60's, the water temperature is actually pretty pleasant.  Cody proudly has taught Autumn and Antonio how to boogie board - the waves are perfect for it!!  Talk about decompressing...I've run several miles with Bella up and down the beaches.  She absolutely loves the surf and I've been hard pressed to keep her from swimming out to sea.  The kids are actually passed out at this early hour, so satisfied from going to Dog Beach, just off of Sunset Cliffs, with Bella for the day, going to Anthony's Grotto (a family tradition) for dinner and over to Seaport Village afterwards...

      Antonio has been up and down during the trip...he remains the big focus...alternating from happy to sad to frustrated - you can almost see him attempting to process his feelings...He is trying so hard to find signs from his Mama...he found a sand dollar "Mama must have sent this to us." he told me excitedly...then fiddler crabs...soaring, diving pelicans...a brilliant sunset...all from his loving Mama.  I'm so proud of how he tries...it sometimes breaks my heart - we're hoping to overcome his latest hurdle, too!
      

 

Great food at Filippi's, in Little Italy (India St.), downtown San Diego!  This was always our favorite stop.



The bambini build a super slide down the side of a beach cliff...


Autumn caught some sweet waves and a new found love - boogie boarding!

 

Cody's 'King Seat'!  He carved this into the beach's hillside.

And Cody could not wait to get to the Belmont Amusement Pier at Mission Beach!!




Tonio and Cody went on this crazy ride that spun them, swung them way up into the air and spun them some more...


All three kids enjoyed the classic Tilt-o-Whirl.

Cody talked Autumn into going on the Big Dipper - a wooden roller coaster built in 1925.  Sadly, Tonio was just an inch too short....the ride operator agreed to watch him for us while we road.

So far, it has been a great vacation for the bambini!  Certainly we have more good days than bad - aside from the block on my frequent blogging and Antonio's troubles. It sometimes is hard to find that release...and I have good days/bad days, like anyone else - I'm not special and I absoluetly get that there are so many more people out there worse off than I am!!
  
 Definitely appreciate the positive vibes most of you are sending our way!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment