We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

More Mountains

   

                 Since writing about the mountains, and our love for them, I have noticed the subtle variances in all four ranges that we enjoy - given the time of day, cloud cover, precipitation, state of mind, etc, etc....even more than at any given time in the 19 years that I have lived her.

               Today, making deliveries, driving across town on my way home - they spoke to me, as they always do.  Soothing.  Relieving stress.  Majestic.


                      
                     Without thinking, I reached for my cell phone and dialed Kim...ringing...me lost in the view...ringing...the worries of the day draining, just need to share this with Kimmy...ringing....

                        "Hey Dad."....

                         ...."Dad?"....

                         ..."Yeh, hi Cod."....

                         ..."You OK?"...

                         ..."Uh, sure.  How was your day?"....

                   In the moment, forgetting that Kim's cell is now Cody's...

                   I actually, for a moment the other day, when reaching for my cell to call her,thought of her Bethlehem number...866-4176...it came so easily, so naturally, I actually had the area code and 866 dialed before realization sunk in and I hung up.

 
The tip of the Rincon's, east of our neighborhood, its peak dusted with snow at sunset...

 
Rolling clouds above the Catalina's.
 


                          Today, I found myself up north delivering books to Ironwood Ridge H.S.  Here's some shots of the backside of the Catalina's...


 
The back of Mt Lemmon, with just a hint of snow.
 



                             This one, I took from the San Xavier Mission yesterday morning before Mass.  The mountains fit in nicely with San Xavier...and why I go there.  I lit candles for a friend with child.  A friend in transition.  A surrogate grandmother of a friend who is in the hospital.  And, of course, for Kim.

                               I could go on like this.  Taking pictures.  Trying to capture the Catalina's, the Rincon's, the Santa Rita's and the Tucson mountains at various stages of their glory.  They are beautiful.  Incredible...

                                Kimmy?  The mountains are still beautiful!!  I haven't forgotten.

                                Or let 'life' get in the way....

                                I haven't lost sight of them...




                                  ...yet.
 
 


      Trying to keep Kimmy alive...meeting tomorrow with Carondelet to discuss Kim's area in new chapel at St. Joseph's...garden?  Bench?  And verbage on either/or...
   
       AND, Klimb 4 Kimmy 3 coming up on Saturday March 2nd!!  Asking for $25 to walk, and Andrea's cousin Jack will design t-shirts again this year - $10 each!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment