We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kimmy 11/23

   Kimmy had a BUSY day - we started by getting to the radiologist by 6:30 a.m. this morning for her PT scan...we actually beat the receptionist there!  It was freezing, about 38 degrees.  They took Kim back for her scan around 7 a.m. and were excited she had a power port to easily administer the radio active juice into her...she came out around 9 a.m., surrounded by her new friends - the techs who worked there were all commenting 'gee, I wish more of our patients were like you' and wishing her a happy Thanksgiving, and good luck on her journey...once again, Kimberly had brightened the lives she touched.
  As soon as Kim opens her eyes in the morning, she is hungry and typically eats right away...so by 9 a.m., she was starving!  Right in the parking lot of the radiology place is a cafe called 'Creative Cafe' - excellent breakfast!  Kim had a huge plate of french toast and bacon.  Although the test was long, and she had to lie flat, which still gives her pain, she was happy - and, it was her first public meal in well over a month!  It was so nice to share a meal together.  We ran over to Dr. Taetle's office to have her power port deactivated and they said the area looked great and Kim would no longer have to receive the mummy of a tape job I had been doing on her to prep her for a shower...another small victory!
  Once we got home, Kim slept for about 2 hours...then, I had to wake her to prep for her reunion with her primary physician.  Kim believed it had been 6 years since she saw her and I said 7.  Dr. Stuthers surprised us by saying it had technically been 5 since Kim was seen by a nurse practioner at her office for a sore throat!  This visit went well, as Kim's oxygen levels looked great, so we are reducing to 1 liter of oxygen!
   On the way home from the Dr., the sun was setting and it took our breath away - it was as if God was waving good night to us - brilliant red hues filtered through the cloud cover over the Tucson mountains.  Another great moment we were able to share together.
    Kim's legs are beginning to swell, since she is not able to walk much, so the Dr. told us to pick up some special stocking to help with that and an inner tube for Kim to sit on in her Lazy Boy...starting tomorrow, we'll try to walk her a little more each day.  We set her up with her new tools, got her a bowl of soup (thanks Rachel and Mike!) and she fell asleep by 6:30, worn out from her day.
    Meanwhile, the bambini's had a good day in school - I picked up the two little ones and they got a chance to hang out and play with Grammie and Grandpa Jim, which they enjoyed.  Cody had football practice right after school for his school's 'Turkey Bowl' and then stayed to watch his friend Alec's basketball game.  Alec's mom, Dawn is giving him a ride home for us - and they are still out there!
    Thanks to Jodi for looking up which Revelations verse is on the hamburger wrapper at In & Out Burger!  Here it is!
    Rev. 3:20, "Behold I stand at the door and knock.  If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him and sup with him, and he with me." 
    Kim has answered that knock and feels at peace with what she is experiencing...after today, I feel some of my own vertigo (or, as Autumn says, my feeling that I've fallen down the rabbit hole) diminishing, thanks to Kim's grace...have I mentioned that she is amazing?


  1. As I told you earlier today, it doesn't surprise me that the radiologists loved Kim too! She is truly a special person who touches the lives of everyone she encounters. Thanks for sharing this post with us. :)

  2. Was fantastic to see you today!!! And although we were talking threw a fence...lol I was just so happy to see you! Nice to meet your family as well. Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

    Oh, and Dave it was good talking to you as well. Don't want to leave anybody out