We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kimmy at St. Joseph's

   It was a sad morning for Kim and us, as she was very emotional on the way back to St. Joseph's.  I let her know, it was good to cry - it did not mean she was not being strong or losing faith.  I snagged a wheelchair once we got there and wheeled her into the lobby, parking her out of the cold's way - and ran to park my truck.
  While she was waiting, she caught sight of Monsignor Tom, from Our Mother of Sorrows church, where we used to go when we first moved to Tucson over 17 years ago.  He was hurrying on his way, when he glanced Kim's way and made brief eye contact...he said to her 'are you Catholic?', Kim said 'yes father'.  Monsignor Tom proceeded to perform the Annointing of the Sick Sacrament right there in the lobby for Kim and told her 'this is a sure sign that God loves you!  That I, by chance, found you here and you caught my eye'.  Kim was had tears of comfort, knowing for sure that she needed to be back at St. Joseph's.
   I wheeled her to the room where she was to receive a blood transfusion and our friend, Darlene, made her feel right at home.  Once she got Kim's transfusion started, she ran to the gift shop and bought Kim some magazines to pass the time.  She even brought Kim a piece of homemade apple pie.  Kim asked where the blood she was being given was from.  Darlene told her it was from a donor in California.  Kim said 'oh, you are filling me up with California sunshine!'.  Darlene also communicated with the hospital staff to get Kim placed back up on the 5th floor, where another friend, also named Kim, works as an RN - and they put her right back in room 548, the room she was in prior to her release a couple of weeks ago.
   When I left Kim tonight, she was awaiting the a drip of heparin, a blood thinner, to try to combat the clots in her legs.  Please pray that this helps her and she can avoid a surgery to manually remove them.  The blood transfusion had helped her breathing, thankfully, and she was reduced to 1 1/2 liters before I left.
    The bambini's were saddened that their mom had to go again.  It has been hard on them - but they continue to make the best of the situation.  Our neighbor, Betsey, picked them all up at school today and brough them home.  Grammie and Jim cooked for them and then brought them down to the hospital for a visit.  They let us know that a huge Christmas wreath had been delivered from our Cottonwood Elementary family and a large box of steaks, potatoes, gourmet hot dogs, etc had arrived all the way from Bethlehem, PA from my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Jeff and family.  The kids were delighted to find the feast packed in dry ice. They quickly placed it in the sink, ran some water and transformed the kitchen into an eerie, fog filled room.  Bella had fun trying to bite the fog!  Once at the hosptital,Tonio and Autumn laid on either side of Kim in her bed as they enjoyed a little Sponge Bob Square Pants (we only subscribe to basic cable, so there is no Sponge Bob in our home!) and the nurses brought them juices to enjoy.  Our friend, Janene, brought me a huge burger from Applebees for dinner, which was incredible.
    Tomorrow, I'll drop the bambini's off at school and get back to St. Joseph's, hoping to see Kimmy have some relief from the swelling in her legs and anxious to hear from Dr. Taetle what the plan is...just praying this little girls gets some good news...Love, Dave

   'The day shall dawn upon us from on high to give light to those who sit in darkness'
                                                                                                             -Luke 1:78
   

4 comments:

  1. We'll say extra prayers today...and yes, that is definitely a sign to have run into Monsignor Tom...I love it. And I love that Kim is getting well cared for there, at St. Joes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave, for taking the time to keep us posted & for letting us know what to pray for specifically. We will continue praying for Kim and your family. Kim's courage and strong faith are truly an inspiration. It makes me think of the verse, "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

    Keep on shining, Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know the McDonald family continues to keep you in our prayers! Kim, you have challenged me to let my light shine wherever I got and not get caught up in the circumstances of this world! I now work at an after-school program called Alpha Best and I CAN have a huge impact if I really am purposeful about it. Thank you for being so selfless in your love for others! You guys are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remind Kim that Jesus the most perfect and strongest man alive wept several times. It is natural for us to cry it relieves stress and anxieties.(Ro 12:15 weep with those who are weeping)I myself, weep every time I read this blog and every time I mention you and your family in my prayers. Yes Kim, you touch the hearts of everyone you meet. Your lovingkindness is what drew me to you and your family 9 years ago. You are strong, keep on asking for God's Holy Spirit like Jesus did and it will be given to you(LU 11:13 ...how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him) remember with God all things are possible!(Ma 19:26)

    ReplyDelete