We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday at St. Joseph's

   Pretty quite day...seems as if most of the medical community take the weekend off.  But, Dr. Taetle did make his rounds and looked at Kim's legs, which are each wrapped following her sugery 'they have you looking like the mummy.' he told her.  He said we need to stay the course on making sure the blod clots have been corrected before going forward with chemo - we are hoping that he will want to give Kim a dose early next week.
  Dr. Choi, the hospital generalist stopped by and we found that we all had something in common - all of our fathers worked for the Bethelehem Steel!  What a small world.  He said he would get with Dr. Taetle and Dr. Namanny to decide on the right dose of Lovenox for Kim, once they were ready to let her go home, so we can stay on top of the blood clots.
  Dr. Namanny check Kim's legs and said they need to stay wrapped for 3 days before being fitted with custom sleeves.  Kim asked if she could be fitted with a full body sleeve to prevent clots in her whole body.
After he left, we took Kim for a walk down the hallway and back, which wiped her out.  Her oxygen has been reduced to 1 liter - she had been at 2 following surgery.  She's feeling pretty good, now that the pressure in her legs have been relieved, but experiencing some pain in her ankles, since they are returning to normal size.  She has been given morphine to combat this pain.  She says she is having an achey day.
   The bambinis slept in to about 7, having been up until midnight last night, after their long wait at CVS and late dinners.  They sure had fun - I'll try to get a few pictures Patti, Mrs. Schrantz and Mrs. Rudzena took of them riding shopping carts, rocking horses and Tonio sporting a plunger on his head like a hat!  I was glad Patti, Mrs. Schrantz and Mrs. Rudzena were with them to keep them entertained while they waited, although it made for a long day for those poor teachers.  We made it down to the hospital around 9:30 and brought up breakfast from the cafeteria to eat with Kim.  The kids colored, read books and watched t.v. with Kim. Her tech, Jesse, set up a cot in her room so the kids could use it like a couch. For lunch we headed over to Viro's Italian Bakery for lunch and to visit with Rose and Vito.  They fed us well ( I always get the panini Italiano - highly recommend it!), the kids ate gelato and they sent us back to the hospital with a huge container of gelato for Kim and a large box of Italian cookies for all of the nurses on Kim's floor, to show their appreciation for how well they are taking care of our Kimmy!  The nurses loved them!  It's  6 p.m. now and the kids have been here all day, loving their time with their mom.
     Kim is winding down for the day and it's almost time to get the little ones home.  Kim is thankful Dr. Namanny could relieve the pressure in her legs and we are praying it is a long term fix.  Nothing scheduled for tomorrow, just hoping Kim might be released, but it is more likely going to happen on Monday, if all goes well.
    Thanks for praying for Kim's legs and her surgery, which went well.  We appreciate all everyone is doing for our family!
    Love, Dave

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Kim's surgery went well and she was able to get some relief in her legs.
    I miss Viro's, especially their pastries. :-)
    I was trying to keep busy anxiously waiting to see how things went to day, so I decided to start priming Tim's office. While I was painting, I couldn't help remembering when Kim rescued me from painting my house in AZ. She is best painter I know. I remember how she was able to keep a steady hand when cutting in on the ceiling and walls, while my area needed tape, and more paint. Even after painting 3 rooms here in MD I have not improved with cutting in. I need you to get better Kim and come out for a visit to teach me the proper way to paint! (and go to the beach with the family)

    When Job was being afflicted by Satin, Elihu said these words to him for encouragement, " He(God)will rescue the afflicted one in his affliction" The eyes of Jehovah(God) are toward the righteous ones and his ears are toward their cry for help"(Ps 34:15) Know this Kim, God is hearing the prayers of the righteous ones who are praying for you and your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karene...One goal Kim has is to get well enough to see the beach again...Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that, Karene. Matthew 18:19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."

    Hoping and praying that Kim will have a peaceful day of rest & recovery today.

    Matthew 11:28
    “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave your blog was forwarded to me as I was annoying people constantly asking about how you and your family were doing! I have read each post! I am praying every day for Kim and for God's miracles to work quickly for her! I am also praying for you and the kids as that is the hardest job in the world, to be the loved one of someone who is trying so hard to get better.

    I am faithful that God heals and he will.

    I hope that Kim has lots of entertainment at the hospital! If not, I am happy to bring by a new selection of movies! :)

    Stacy Lowe

    ReplyDelete