We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Whirlwind




                        And so the years went by, with an unprecedented, yet unnoticed speed.  Time truly was our enemy.  Somewhere, deep inside, I already knew this, yet thought I could beat it.  Maybe that was why we moved around a bit.  Traveled a lot. Just the beach trips alone were worth a lifetime. And although we kept moving, appreciating the moment was what we did best.

]
 
This was at the old Peter Piper Pizza on Broadway and Kolb (now a Concentra Urgent Care.  If you've ever eaten at Peter Piper, you will appreciate the poetic irony of this).  Our Southwest family and Toys R Us friends through Kim a baby shower when she was pregnant with Tonio.  The Paolo Maldini jersey one of many that Kim was able to locate and surprise (and delight) me with!

 
At Disneyland on the rockets with Autumn.  "Happiest place on Earth".  Man, we had so many good times there.  I feel guilty that Tonio has only been there one time - need to get him back out there!

 
The Best Mom Ever kissing her little bambino.
 
 
Kimmy at the Desert Museum.  The first place we became members when we moved here in '94.  We never tired of this place.  I think because we'd take a different route each visit, take our time walking the miles of trails and we loved to get an ice tea and just sit on the porch there taking in the desert beauty together.  Together...

 
This was at La Jolla beach.  Tonio's first time to the shore.  He loved the great big sandbox!

 
Another Disney moment!

 
Autumn in her bedroom at our old home.  Kim painted this room with loving care, in desert colors complete with geckos frolicking around the room.  She eventually repainted with clouds and decorated in a more princess theme for Autumn.
 
We really did get to do so much together.  And now, I keep the bambini moving, too!  Saturday, I was telling someone, I had to work and took Autumn and Tonio along, leaving the house at 5:30 a.m....we did not get home until after 11:30 p.m.. Some days, I just do not want to be home.  Right now, I sense their malaise and try to keep things fun and make those moments for them that will become memories.  My hope is that years from now, they will say "Hey Dad, remember that time we......"  Fill in the blank.  Now that I am painfully aware of the devastating speed of time - and fully understand that I cannot dodge it, duck it, manipulate it or slow it down - I do my best to fill the bambini's days from dawn to late night.  The little ones hitting their beds by 10...Cody and I still stretching time, just a little later...

No comments:

Post a Comment