We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Bambini's Stories...

      Today, I asked the bambini's to think of their 'greatest times' with mama...

      Tonio immediately said 'our times at the beach.  There was the day that I was finding tons of sand crabs and bringing them to Mama to show them to her.  She helped me build a home for them.  I wanted to keep them, but she told me they needed their ocean to live.  So I let them stay.  We took a lot of walks on the beach and found a starfish that was bright red.  I loved to race the waves with Mama...we would get as close as we could and wait for the wave to come, then we would turn around and run so we would not get wet!'.

       Autumn remembered going shopping with Mama.  She loved to go to Pier One and World Market, looking for 'treasures', they would always find something special and would spend hours looking at all of the merchandise and finding great deals.  Autumn loved this one on one time with Kimmy.  She said that they would always stop at Target on the way home and get mango smoothies...

       Cody said that his fondest memory, was when mama came home from the hospital the first time, back on November 4th, having been in the hospital since October 19th, and was feeling pretty good.  They played each other in Guitar Hero for hours.  Cody remembers that Kimmy's favorite song to play, was, Anberlin's 'Feel Good Drag'...He knows she is rocking out in Heaven...

Autumn captured 'Mama in the sunset'...

        Well, today I had a will made...yep, I was told I needed one, despite having no real assets (other than the bambini's!)...and, it felt as though I had become an adult, in that one short hour, that one small transaction seemingly taking me from childhood to adulthood in one swooping moment...I don't know, it's just one of those 'adult' type of things I guess. I still feel like a kid, though, in fact, to this day, whenever somebody calls 'Mr. Conca', I always quick look around for my Dad! Kim kept us feeling young, as do the bambini's, keeping things light, reminding me not to sweat the small stuff - I thought I got it then, but I do now...we're doing our best to have fun and we certainly are enjoying each other.  Little Autumn got her hair trimmed today, and, oh yeah, we had a return of Zohan (but a clean version!), as I performed my first haircut for Antonio!  Cody said it came out nice, and Tonio quickly ran for a mirror to inspect it, came back yelling 'I love it Daddy!  You're the best!', well, that's very nice of them, but you be the judge - let me know the truth when you see him...I know it sure felt good to trim the little guys hair, as a bonding type of moment.  Oh, and I patched my first hole today!  One of the towel hooks in the kid's bathroom, miracously gained flying abilities and tried to leave it's nest...unsuccessfully...so, I bought some joint compound and filled the hole - Kim was so good at filling holes that occured and making them look perfect...we'll see how this one turns out. After Aut's haircut, we ate at Panda Express - these guys love that place!  They all ate ravenously and I just sat quietly, listening to the funny jokes they told (these guys really are hilarious) and watching their body language, expressions and loving them...and, of course, seeing a little Kimmy in each of them...

                     Love,
                               Dave

"He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us."  2 Corinthians 1:3

4 comments:

  1. Dave, I found a song you should add to Kimmy's playlist "HERO" by Enrique Iglesias i heard the chorus: I can be you hero baby
    I can kiss away the pain
    I will stand by you forever
    You can take my breath away! it total make me think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine all the great memories they have of their mom... They are so lucky to have Kim as their mom! How wonderful that she took time to have special moments with each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dave..I miss Kim so much. When I think of her I see her smile and I can always hear her kind voice and laughter. She is truly a amazing person inside and out. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to call her a friend. She has been such a blessing in so many peoples lives and she still will continue to be a blessing. I enjoy reading all the amazing stories and memories you've all shared. It makes me feel close to her again. Dave, our prayers are with you and the children always. The Lord will give you comfort and strength and we hope to see you soon. Love Rose & Danny Chacara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bambini's stories. I hope to read more. Love the verse you picked out as well. I heard that song Elaine posted just the other day, it is very fitting.

    ReplyDelete