We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Monday, September 12, 2011

Cody in the Kitchen

              
              After a challenging day, we all found comfort in the kitchen.  Cody and I set out to make dinner - I told him how we used to make a nice, chunky salsa back in the day...and he went to town!

              2 large, ripe tomatoes
              1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes with juice
              1 lime
              A ton of cilantro, chopped
              1/4 cup of green onion, chopped
              garlic powder to taste
              salt and ground pepper to taste
              1 4 oz can of diced jalapenos
          
              Dice those tomatoes up in a big bowl and add the can of tomatoes, squeeze the juice of the lime into it, add the cilantro, green onion and stir.  Add in the garlic powder, salt and pepper, stirring and taste testing until you find the right mix.  Stir in the jalapenos, if you want a little kick!  Cody nailed this recipe!!
              It was nice working with him in the kitchen.  Another area where he is a lot like Kim.  He is comfortable and a natural around food and cooking!  We also were able to get some much needed yard work done together!
             I made enchiladas to go along with Cody's chips and salsa and corn on the cob.  Autumn was very helpful, setting the table, getting the drinks and bringing the food to the table for us.  Antonio, from his sick bed, sensed the energy in the kitchen calling out "Dad?  Is there anything I can do to help?".


            He still had his low grade fever this morning when we got to school and was feeling crummy.  Our friend Monique took him home, so I could make it to work for a couple of hours and made him chicken and rice soup!  And actually got him to eat something today!!
             I had to cancel, skip and reschedule a few things to get home to him by 2, grab Autumn, then Cody from school and get them home, so Antonio could rest...Autumn reminded me "Mama always like to wash the sheets alot when we were sick!"...so, she helped me do the sheets and blankets.

             It was a tricky day, but could have been a lot worse - thanks to those who texted me during the day and called to ask how Cody was doing and give me the strength I needed, so when I was close to blowing a circuit, you pulled me back and reminded me of what was important!

             And the rains today were so beautiful.  Starting with that wicked storm that blew through this morning, raining buckets literally the moment I got the bambini safely into school and following me up north to work...and ending with the storm turned gentle rain this evening, cooling everything down - we threw open the doors, as Kim used to love to do, to get that fresh smell and cool breeze flowing through the entire house...so soothing.




           

No comments:

Post a Comment